The heart of our program lies in the exceptional curriculum, which teaches our young students effective learning principles and techniques, ensuring they have a healthy head start upon entering kindergarten academically and socially.
We follow a unique curriculum which combines a play-based approach with structured teacher-directed lessons, resulting in a rich learning environment that maximizes your child’s kindergarten readiness.
We also utilize the Early Learning for Every Child Today (E.L.E.C.T) framework. This framework serves as an excellent benchmark for understanding a child’s overall development according to the developmental norms of their age group. It helps us interpret our observations of the child by understanding where they are in development, and what we can do to guide them and enhance their skill sets in the Social, Emotion, Communication, Cognitive and Physical domains.
ELECT maintains these principles:
- Early child development sets the foundation for lifelong learning, behaviour and health.
- Partnerships with families and communities strengthen the abilities of early childhood settings to meet the needs of young children
- Demonstration of respect for diversity, equity and inclusion are prerequisites for optimal development and learning.
- A planned curriculum supports early learning
- Play is a means of early learning that capitalizes on children’s natural curiosity and exuberance.
- Knowledgeable and responsive early childhood practitioners are essential to early learning settings.
Our Certified Teachers and Registered Early Childhood Educators (R.E.C.E’s) understand that each child learns uniquely and at their own pace. Through keen observation of the child’s developmental needs, the teachers can individualize the curriculum to meet the needs of the child. We combine the principles found in the ELECT framework with a challenging academic program that enables children to begin formal education with enthusiasm and confidence. This dynamic promotes the holistic development of each child. Our program includes the following subjects:
- The Arts
- Book Club
- Fine Motor Activities
- Physical Education (Indoor/Outdoor)
We provide a semi-annual progress report which encompasses all developmental domains and notes children’s progress through the key developmental milestones of their age group. The preschool class hosts annual parent-teacher interviews which encourages a cohesive effort from both parties to ensure learning goals and objectives for your child are being met.